Reviews and testimonials
Guests who appreciate the tradition and quiet of our historic-listed Homestead tend to "get" what we do and enjoy the understated approach we take.
Read what BMW Magazine had to say about us BMWCuisineStoryBMW%20Cuisine%20Story
“one of those special places where Mother Nature said ‘Stop. I’ve got it! It’s absolutely perfect’”
– Chuck Henry, NBC-TV Travel Café
"...a haven! We came to stay when we needed to find peace, cosseting & lovely people"
- Thelma Barlow, Granada Television Coronation Street (UK)
“I feel restored”
- Liz Mitchell, Academy Awards couturier
“great hosts, great beds, great place!”
– Roger Donaldson, film director Cocktail, The Bounty, Dante’s Peak etc
"suble, sexy and stunning"
- Peta Mathias, television food celebrity
“special and precious.. I feel fully restored to face the rigours of the opera world once more!”
- Helen Medlyn, international mezzo-soprano
“with gratitude for my stay as Ambassador to Paradise”
– Her Excellency, U.S. Ambassador Carol Moseley-Braun
"the rest of the world quickly melts away... the point of comparison for food is New York's Waldorf Astoria. Orongo Bay Homestead has perfected the art"
- Air New Zealand magazine
“a peaceful retreat cleverly combined with good food for the soul… every whim was catered for”
- Suzy Aiken, TV news anchor, Australia
"a top-of-the-range, exclusive retreat"
- House & Garden
"far more than excellent food and an impressive wine list. It's not surprising that Joanna Lumley, has sent her friends to stay"
- Cuisine Magazine
"a near-perfect blend of location, hospitality and especially food"
- Metro Magazine (reviewed: 4 stars)
"a luxury retreat...Michael performs culinary magic...Chris spoils you rotten"
- Gourmet Traveller
"all the niceties to be found in a 5-star hotel"
- Sunday Star Times
"little details are what makes the ambience special....magnificent
gardens... gorgeous views"
- Cleo Magazine